Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tuesday, Day Thirty-six

Today I discovered that we are actually ahead of the regular classrooms in both of my classes. So we spent the 4th grade math period catching up their workbook. Since this is the unit that goes in my portfolio, we have not done much in their workbooks so this was good. This also tested their skills of what they have already been presented with. All of these strategies will be helpful at some point in their future education. We have only two lessons left then we will do a post test, then a unit quiz. They are doing so well with the strategies, I think they'll do well with the test also.

3rd grade language arts was the same story, we are ahead of the class. So we spent today basically studying for the theme wrap up. In this the students will be tested over all the words and phonic patterns they have learned. I am still concerned with their knowledge of contractions. I wonder if I could make a game of them. If I based in on the same principle they used in the long i game it might work. I may do that. That might be the little extra they need.

I did not have time to work with my little guy today. He is doing very well. We need to concentrate on the sounds of letter more now. He can tell me words that start with the letters. He will see 'a' on the flashcard and say 'a...apple'. But I don't think he really remembers the sounds. Even though our time is up we will continue to push forward.

No comments: