Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday, Day Thirty-eight

In 3rd grade we did more language arts pages in the students workbook to go along with the theme wrap up. I have created their phonics quiz that they will complete tomorrow. I don't think they'll have too much trouble with it. I did not add a bonus section on this one since it is 25 questions. I am hoping we can finish this and still have time to do the contraction game. I think this would be a great benefit to them.

In 4th grade math we did a lot. We had our lesson on multiplying 3 factors and choosing the right operation. Then students had to go to the computer and complete two assignments from their email. During the multiplication of 3 factors I also touched on PEMDAS because they have that coming. After that we did our post test. I gave them the same test we had as a pretest. This time they liked the test. Then we did our unit quiz. We did all of this because tomorrow is Halloween and they will not have time to much of anything. The school has activites planned and it is going to be hard to get anything done.

I worked with my little guy today. We used just the flashcards. He has become very dependent upon the dots on the numbers. It's ok if he counts the dots when they are not there, but when he can't tell my the number without seeing the dots I'm not sure we are making progress. But I know that we have made progress from were we began. Even though my time is up according to my collaboration plan, I will continue to work with him because I want him to be successful. My ST has noticed that lately he wants to be successful. He works real hard on his hand writing and tries to make sure that he gets everything we ask done. Maybe this is his turn around year.

1 comment:

Dr. Gibson said...

Tanya thanks for your blog this week. I missed hearing about your readings, though! 9/12