Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day Four

This is a late post. My computer actually crashed on Thursday while I was at school. We tried to fix it by purchasing a new power supply but the next morning we again had nothing on the computer. Unfortunately, I had no time to mess with it so on Friday we purchased a new computer so I could easily continue my schooling, then I had to go to work at the Inn. So I am late in getting this blog entered.

We have one student in the third grade that is still struggling with his numbers. He is expected to perform mathematical function, but he struggles alot. I am going to speak to my ST about using TOUCH math with him. I think it would be a great help for him. Then we might be able to catch him up with the class.

I taught my lesson today to the fourth grade. We covered using variables. It took them a little while to understand that the variable could be any number and that any letter could be used to represent the variable. Once we got over those humps they knew what it was all about. I designed a Tic-Tac-Toe equation game for them that went over very well. We will see on Monday how much they retained when we review before our next lesson. My ST liked the way I incorporated the students birth dates into our lesson.

I had great fun doing this lesson with the kids. I also had many opportunies today to co-teach with my ST and I enjoyed that also. The kids are really warming up to me and are not afraid to ask for help at all now. That is a nice feeling, because that is what I am here for. Even though the day started out pretty bad, it wound up being a good day.

No comments: