Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day Two

Today was my second day of student teaching. I am still observing to get to know the students, but I did a lot with them today. We had many Accelerated Reading test to complete. The students knew the answers by sight words they could pick out of the answers. Even the ones where there were two answers with the one sight word, they recognized another word in the correct answer. We had social studies quizzes that the students needed help with and language arts quizzes. The students would read the language arts short story with my assistance and answer the questions I asked about the story.

I am attempting to write my first real lesson plan to teach Friday. I am struggling, I am not sure if it is my nerves or just being tired. This is not that complicated but I have a habit of making things more complicated than they really are. That may be what I am doing here. I am sure I will get it, I just need to remind myself to breathe.

I attended a teacher's meeting today with my ST. It was very interesting to listen to all the teachers interact. Issues were presented and some were solved and some needed further investigation. The principal lead the meeting and the teachers interacted with him very respectfully. I enjoyed this meeting. I am planning to go to their upcoming Professional Development Meetings also. I really enjoyed this meeting and am looking forward to more.

No comments: