Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday, Day Twenty-One

Today was kind of slow in the fourth grade. I had only two students today. One I knew was going to be absent and one has missed three days in a row and I am not sure what is going on there. With the two that were there we did a review and they studied the chapter study guide, then we took the quiz. I have only one girl in my class and she is classified as MMD. She is a bright student just is very withdrawn and unsure of herself. She is starting to come out of the shell though. She actually scored a 90% on the quiz and the other student scored 65%. The one who scored 65 has multiple disabilities, one of which is ADHD. He did not find the patience to listen to the instructions or the desire to change anything on his quiz sheet. We have noticed lately that he does not even want to take the time to look at all of his options on his AR tests.

My little guy I have been working with was absent today. This boy really needs our help, but he has to be present and a desire to learn. We can only go so far to instill that desire, he has to have some in his own life. I want to work with him everytime I see him but he has so many other subjects in which to complete assignments. I fear that he does not understand any of the assingments he is completing. Hopefully, tomorrow he will be there and we can try to pick up again.

My fourth graders are starting time in their math lesson. This will be somewhat of an easy lesson for them. I am concerned with them keeping hours, minutes, and seconds seperated. They have understood that the line graph we have been using to track our local temperature is a graph to show change in time. This could be a help for them in their time lesson. Hopefully all four students will be there tomorrow. One of them will have some makeup work to do, but we can get him caught up if it is not too much longer. We will see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: